Monday, September 29, 2008

Shhhh.....

I will freely admit that the posting you're about to read is a shameless attempt for me to find out who of my friends is really reading my blog, as it's deliberatedly designed to elicit a response. So here goes...

Lily is going to be a big sister.

Yep, found out 10 days ago, managed to keep the big news secret for 6 days, and told Peter (henceforth: P. Daddy) on his birthday. And he thought proposing to me on his birthday a year ago was a big surprise! Well, I got him back - in spades!

P. Daddy is jubilant. Lily's response was a bit more moderated, but safe to say she is intrigued by the possibilities.

I am most intrigued by my due date - May 26 - which means I could slide in just under the wire and push this kid out before I turn 40 on May 27. At least that's MY GOAL.

Now, I just need to find one of those "Big Sister" shirts for Lily.

2 comments:

STQ said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! Congrats, Mrs. Greenlaw!! I am so excited for you guys. I know Lily will enjoy having a sibling. Congrats, and I'm sure your parents are over the moon! Love to you guys.

burpeema said...

Loyal reader here!! Congratulations!! Felicidades!! How fun, I'm elated for you guys, wooo hoo! only wish I could be there to share in the fun and have our kiddos play together :-)