Sunday, November 2, 2008

Amputated Bovine and Horses Named Harley

Isn't it ironic that the more content you have to write about for a blog the less time you have to do it?


A friend of mine mentioned the other day that my blog was a bit, ahem, "stale", so I'm trying to make amends. What can I say - I've been busy!



Between Lily's birthday and Halloween, late October is a flurry of activity. And in case you were wondering whether a newly-turned 5-year-old was aware that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner, I can affirm that- they are. Or at least Lily is aware. Less than 24 hours after collecting 3.2379 pounds of candy (approximately) while trick or treating, her mind has already ventured forward to the upcoming holidays.



Me on the other hand, well, I want to take a break from thinking about the holidays. At least for a week or so. And the new olive green, soft, supple leather Michael Kors purse I splurged on yesterday just might help keep my mind elsewhere for a while. :)


But I digress.


So yes, we had the milestone 5-year birthday last week. Hey, they are all milestones at this age, right?


More than three hours before the party start time, Lily began asking every 15 minutes when her "customers" would arrive. No amount of correcting her and telling her they were her "guests," not customers, could get her to use the right word. I'm not sure what the use of that word bodes for her future. Hmmm....


I opted for an at home "down on the farm" themed party, complete with Pin the Tail on the Donkey, Moo-sical Chairs, a cow pinata and even pony rides. I went into the party thinking an at home party would be both easier and cheaper than renting out one of the myriad of children's party venues. I ended up wrong on both counts, but if I do say so myself, it was a raving success. It was not just a party, it was a PAHHHHHH-TY!!!!!

Without going into a ton of detail, I'll just let some of the pictures tell the story.





Lily in her birthday ballerina outfit




On one of the ponies. This one wasn't Harley, but I forget its name.













The cow pinata (with missing leg)





Lily with her birthday cupcake tower


And yes, completely un-birthday related - this shot's from Halloween obviously - but Lily finally got her tail. (See blog entry Feb. 27).

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Cathy- I know one is supposed to focus on a child's intelligence, insight, innocence and all that goodness, but let me just toss all that liberal stuff out the window and say my gosh, she is absolutely gorgeous. Like you didn't know! ;-)