Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Look Ma, No Hands!


My 5-year old is becoming quite proficient at the hula hoop. It reminds me of when she first started to learn to swing. It seemed for the longest time she couldn't master the leg kick, and invariably would stop swinging as soon as the initial push from Mom or Papi wore off. Same with the hula hoop. For months, she could manage 1, 2, maybe 3 revolutions before the hoop would be at her ankles. Then boom, all of a sudden she can keep it waist bound for 45 seconds or a minute at a time.

I like the combination I see in her of perseverance and diligence. She's not one to hesitate at praticing something she wants to better herself at - whistling being another example. She can already outwhistle me. I hope these are traits that continue to stay with her through life, as they will undoubtedly serve her well.

I've got a pix of P. Daddy hula hooping as well, but since his arms are outstretched in a motion as if to strangle me for snapping the shot, I opted to leave it out. :)

No comments: