Friday, February 1, 2008

One of those mornings

8:05 a.m. Leave house, relatively on time.
8:09 a.m. Realize have left laptop at home. Turn around.
8:15 a.m. Leave house 2nd time, laptop in hand.
8:23 a.m. Arrive at Lily's daycare.
8:26 a.m. Preparing to leave daycare first time. Lily asks me to please get her Care Bear, which she has forgotten, from the car.
8:28 a.m. Retrive and deliver care bear. 2nd round of kisses and hugs.
8:29 a.m. Get in car, realize have left sunglasses in day care.
8:31 a.m. Find sunglasses, leave day care for 3rd time after more hugs & kisses .
8:32 a.m. "Ding," I hear from the car gauge, insisting that I'm about to run out of gas.
8:40 a.m. Fill gas tank in 30-odd degree weather. Freeze butt. (Hey, I moved to TX from Chicago for A REASON!)
9:00 a.m. Esconced in chair at work, with hot coffee in hand. Happy again.

These Fridays that start off feeling like Mondays are the ones that make me long to be a stay-at-home mom. Looking forward to enjoying that role for the next two days. And by Monday, I just might be ready to go back to work.

Oh, who am I kidding?

No comments: