Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Work Less, Blog More

In this era of presidential primaries (doesn't it feel like an era?), I thought I'd title this blog in the style of a presidential campaign slogan. Granted, maybe it's a title more suitable of a grade school Student Council presidency, but nonetheless...



At any rate, my excuse (this time) for not blogging as frequently as I should be is that pesky little thing called work. It has a funny way of interfering with more interesting and creative pursuits. Like blogging



And soon it's about to interfere with motherhood itself. In 3 days, 3 hours, and about 16 minutes, I will be en route to Europe for a 2-week stint. That's right. Two entire weeks without my Lily. That's exactly 10 days longer than I've ever been away from her before. In other words, it's an eternity.



Not to mention I will also be away from my beloved. And I've sort of become accustomed to having him around as well.



Suffice to say, Beloved Daughter will be in the more than capable hands of Beloved Fiance for the duration. But I still can't help but wonder what scars I might be leaving behind. (Note to self: Deposit additional $600 in account for Lily's future therapy sessions.)



And if ONE MORE PERSON asks me "Aren't you worried about being gone for her for that long?" I will absolutely, positively lose it. OF COURSE I'm worried. And I've course I will miss here. Along with Mother's Day and her dance recital. :(



What I won't miss is Lauren Chou's birthday party. See Jan. 14 "The Princess Diaries" entry -No offense to Lauren intended.

I know of course that I've actually probably spent more time worrying about being away than I'll actually be on the trip. And it will be over before I know it.

But still...

2 comments:

burpeema said...

where are you gonna be in Europe??

STQ said...

When Chase was 3, Larry, Meg and I went to Europe for 10 days. I feel your pain - I know how hard it is to be away from the little ones. BUT, so far Chase has not needed any therapy, and in fact, recently asked me if I could go away more often so he could spend another week or so with his grandparents!!! Lily loves Peter - and she's going to be great. Have a fantastic time...what a great trip! See you in June...Love,Susie