Monday, August 18, 2008

It's All in the Numbers

So today, en route to Westgate Lanes for Lily's first-ever bowling game, she was apparently remineiscing about the beach trip. "It took 6 days to get to Gammy's house," she said. "No," I began correcting her, "it took two days to get to Gammy's house." Her logic train uninterrupted, she promptly reminded me that it took 4 days to get to the beach and 2 days to get to Gammy's from the beach. Hence, 6 days. I was so bowled over (pun intended) by her obviously astounding memory that I failed to notice my 1+1+1+1 year old had just completed a MATH equation. And done it correctly, at that. Lily left the number 6 in the dust just a short time later after completing her 10 frames with a whopping score of 34. Nearly twice the score that her mother achieved during her first bowling game. Yes, I still remember my score of 19 points at the Girl Scout Father-Daughter bowling day. It was enough to capture the 2nd place trophy, and Dad's 200 points had nothing to do with it. But back to Lily. Numbers weren't just on my brain today - they were on hers as well. As proven when we were driving back and the jingle came on for the local radio station. Then, what to my wondering ears did hear, but the sound of the radio and one tiny rein....no that doesn't work. But I did in fact hear the jingle on the radio, accompanied by a wee little voice in the backseat. "Mix, 94.7...."

No comments: