Saturday, August 30, 2008

Pokey and Sam, meet Annabelle

So Peter is officially THE BEST DAD EVER. "Why?" you may ask. I'll tell you why. The other day Lily announced to Pete that she wanted a doggy. Never mind that she has two already. Well, we spend enough on dog food already, so Peter came up with an alternative. He proceeds to get out one of his tube socks, four of Lily's little socks, and cuts out pieces of his ratty-tatty Ice Bats shirt that I was trying to get him to get rid of just the other day. Then he stuffs practically an entire roll of TP into the tube sock, and asks me where the sewing kit is. I dig it up and blow the dust off it. (Sorry Mom, I TOLD you I wasn't planning to actually use the sewing kit. But I DID know where it was.) Then, this wonderful man actually begins sewing. He sews Lily's socks on the bigger tube sock to make legs, he sews the ratty Ice Bat shirt pieces on to make ears and a tongue, and he sews buttons on for eyes. He finishes by tying the end of the tube sock to fashion a tail, and dons a maroon mesh ribbon on it. Presto, a new doggy for Lily. Which she promptly names Annabelle. Now just how many men do you know that would do that?! OK, there's probably a few, but this particular sewing god belongs to Lily and me. And we're awfully lucky to have him.


P.S. Bonus - the ratty tatty shirt is now tucked in the trash. Yea!

No comments: