Friday, December 26, 2008

The Dangers of Napping

Twas the day after Christmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Except Lily...of course

And I in my t-shirt
And P.Daddy in his Cubs cap
Had just settled down
for a brief winter's nap

When out on the lawn
There arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed
To see what was the matter

And what to my wondering
eyes should appear
But a buck naked Lily
Skipping 'round with the reindeer.

Ok, so it was the dogs, not reindeer, but if you can write a better verse, please send it along and I'll substitute that in.

Yep, stark nekkid, skipping around in the grass quite merrily. My eyes quickly darted from one neighbor's yard to the other, but as far as I could tell, no one else had spotted the little miscreant. Thank goodness we live in Texas and it was another 70 degree December day.

And so now I'll bemoan my latest parental failure, napping whilst my child was not, but for goodness sake, the child hardly sleeps at alll at night. Is it too much to ask that she too close her eyes once in a blue moon during the day?

No comments: