Monday, December 29, 2008

One Mom's Faves from 2008

OK, so this isn't so much a typical mom blog entry, but it seems fitting that approaching the end of the year, I give a shout out to some of my "favorites" from 2008. Maye you'll share in my sentiments.

Favorite Song of the Year: "Falling in Love in a Coffee Shop" by Landon Pigg
I think that possibly...Maybe I'm falling for you...YesThere's a chance... that I've fallen quite hard over you.

Favorite Movie of the Year: "Mamma Mia!" Sheer silliness set to ABBA music. What's not to love? And hey, it does have Mamma in the title. If you haven't seen it, watch it with a girlfriend. Leave the hubbies/sig others at home. They won't get it.

Favorite Book of theYear: "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. OK, this book was published in 2007, but I didn't read it till this year. Absolutely riveting for every one of its 455 pages. Every mom's worst nightmare comes true - there's been a mass shooting at a small town high school. Told from the perspective of the students, the parents, police, lawyers, and judges, the story brilliantly explores the characters' inner thoughts, motives and turmoils. Most interesting for the moms out there are the stories told from one of the victim's mothers, also a judge assigned to the case, and the story as told from the killer's mother. I'm thrilled to know that Picoult has penned about 15 other novels for me to read.

Favorite Moment of the Year: Too many to count, but saying "I will" to my new husband and telling him we were expecting a baby have to top the list.

Favorite Mom Moment of the Year: Again, too many to count, but watching Lily run into the shoreline waves at Cape Cod, shriek when the cold water hit her toes and run back out on the sand has to be one of the best.

2 comments:

STQ said...

I loved 19 Minutes too - and most of the rest of her books! I have read almost all of them, sad to say! She'd better write some new ones soon!! Happy new year to you guys - hope to get to Austin to see you guys soon!

LOLI said...

FELIZ AÑO 2009