Tuesday, July 15, 2008

4 going on 14

So this morning Lily waltzes into my bedroom - ok, stomps is more like it - buck nekkid, raises her arm and announces "I'm getting older." Still awakening, I manage to mumble a "Sure, you're getting older. What makes you think so?" And she replies, "I'm getting hairs under my arms." I peer, see nothing, and she quickly qualifies her statement, "Little ones." I ask her where she heard that, and then she said that Pete has hair under his arms, and he told her it was because he was older. Funny for a day.





In other news, we ventured to Newport Rhode Island yesterday to absorb some of the Gilded Age glamour. It was very grand, genteel and gracious, I must say. And just outside of town they had this lovely topiary garden where the topiaries were in the shape of animals. It's called Green Animals, in fact.



We were fortunate they were having an annual "Children's Party" that very day, complete with jugglers, magician, vaudeville-type act, dog show, puppet band, brass band, balloon animals, and pony rides. All in this beautiful setting - large white farmhouse with wraparound porch on a huge lawn overlooking some body of water. And the gardens of course.

All in all, a nice way to spend a day.

No comments: