Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cape Care Free

Lily and I might be 2,000 miles away from home, leaving all the cares of work and bills, school and bedtimes behind us. But all this togetherness is having a not unexpected but definitely unintended effect. She's getting tired and subsequently testy. My patience is wearing thin and my voice speaking too many "nos" and "stops". Yet it's nice to know that at her age, there's no discipline Mom can dole out that a long ride in the big blue swing at the playground won't cure. I'm always her best friend again after one of those marathon pushing sessions. And I have the growing collection of dying dandelions and hydrangea flowers in my purse - the ones that Lily picks for me daily - to prove it. And we're back to not having a care in the world. Or at least not in Cape Cod.

No comments: